Saturday, April 17, 2021

Bella Note

 A not so little update...

It really is a beautiful night, and I am about to tell you why, right now.

The project is finished. It's finally over. (I know, I can't believe it either)

Overall, this project has been pretty stressful. For many reasons. The first being the sheer size of it. It's a large project with a lot of different components. I may have made it more difficult for myself at multiple points, but that's kind of my thing (I don't know why I'm like this either).

I also doubted myself a lot throughout this whole process and considered changing my plan (which definitely went off the rails and had to be thrown away, but we already knew it would) multiple times. I didn't though. I stuck with it and I'm not completely disappointed with the outcome.

I'm definitely glad I decided to do an animatic/live action mix instead of a full blown animation (that would have been awful). It was still a lot of work, but I don't think I was as stressed out by it as I was last year. Or, at the very least, the stress I was feeling wasn't as warranted as it was last year.

This year, I think most of my stress and anxiety was focused around being able to get all three components done on time and to a standard that I would be proud to present. I can be quite a perfectionist and I am always my biggest critic, so I can't say if the final products are actually what I think they are. Personally, I think there is a lot of room for improvement. I'm not really sure if they lived up to my expectations of what I thought it could be, but maybe I'm just biased.

I definitely learned a lot from this project. I learned a lot of new editing techniques using Adobe Premiere Pro. I learned about animatics, how to make them, and the animation feature on Procreate. I learned about advertising/marketing. In summary, I learned a lot (I don't know if that was clear). I don't think I would be able to detail everything I learned.

There were definitely some highs and lows that came with this project. The highs being the times when I thought everything was going well, and that I could possibly, actually pull this off. The lows being the times when i had absolutely no motivation to do this project (none, nada, nil, zip, zilch, zero). But I'm glad I persevered through it all. It really was a step outside of my comfort zone and I'm glad I was able to produce something different from what I may have normally done.

This project really helped me to embrace a more creative idea and approach and got me to think differently about a few things.

Anyway, that's all for today.

Until next time... (which will be the last time)

No comments:

Post a Comment