Wednesday, April 07, 2021

With a Smile and a Song

 A little update...

Okay, so now that the rough draft of the film is done, I've started looking for music to insert. I don't want anything too dramatic; just a chill track to play quietly in the background.

I'm going to start by looking up royalty free LoFi music to see what comes up (I listen to a lot of LoFi music when doing work, so it seems fitting). LoFi music has that relaxed tone that I'm looking for.

After googling it, the first thing to pop up was a YouTube playlist. So I searched up some more directly on YouTube to see what I would find.

The playlists are hours long so I'll listen to them later (probably while doing homework) and see if anything stands out to me.

The second thing to pop up was Free Music Archive


I looked under the genre of "Instrumental" and then the sub-genre of of soundtrack. Then I just went down the list of songs and tried to find something that I liked. I didn't really find anything that I liked.

On to option three!

I figured I may have been limiting myself too much by searching specifically for LoFi music, so I searched for "royalty free music".

Bensound was one of the first sites to pop up. I went to the cinematic tab to look for something.


But, alas, I was once again unable to find anything that I liked.

Going back to royalty free Lo-Fi music, I found the website mixkit.commixkit.com


It didn't have as large a selection as some of the other websites, but I did find a couple of tracks that I liked, so I'm going to try them out and see how I like them.

Anyway, that's all for today.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment